Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Beginning

Welcome to the blog! Your probably here to begin or improve your World of Warcraft character's financial status, or because your already successful, and are just looking for other ways to make money. I was there. I still am. One very important thing to remember is that you can only make so much gold using one technique. Any market has its limits, so you need to diversify to make big bucks. I personally enjoy using some of the more hidden and unique techniques to make money in WoW.
I have two characters and a bank alt. My main is a level 80 Troll Hunter (For the Horde!) with 450 Mining, 450 Herbalism, 500+ Fishing and 450 Cooking. My only alt is a 72 Death Knight (never took the time to level it past there, he's mainly for professions) with 450 Elixir Mastery Alchemy and 450 Inscription. I also have one Bank character who deals with selling the many relatively low value glyphs I sometimes produce, and other odds and ends. This character also does some buy low-sell high stuff, but I do less of that now that my professions are bringing in more cash. I rarely farm, so Herbalism and Mining are essentially useless, but I havn't chosen new professions yet. Its always good to have Herbalism in case a certain herb that I need for alchemy or inscription is insanely overpriced.

The server I play on (which will remain a secret) has a very inflated economy, from what I can tell. Most items range from slightly to much higher in price than on other servers. Because I don't farm, it doesn't really affect me. Most of my techniques can still work on your server because of one simple "rule": when the cost of materials goes up, the cost of the final product generally follows. However, its always a good idea to check your server's prices before following my advice word for word.

As much as I'd like to, I can't spend my entire life on the internet. I'm going to try to post as often as possible, and regularity may vary due to my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment